Παρασκευή 22 Μαρτίου 2013

How to: Remove Sparkle Nail Polish (aluminum foil method)...it really works!



Sooooo I've been obsessed with sparkle nail polish!! Especially OPI's Sparkle icious... 


Sparkles are so fun and pretty on your nails...

Except they are a biaatch to remove. We've probably all been there scrubbing at our nails with a mountain of cotton pads building up. Well I randomly came across a couple blogs that show you a fret free method of taking off the thick coats of sparkly stuff on your nails.

It seemed too good to be true so I wanted to test it for myself....
So onto the tutorial ... these hideously chipped nails are ready for a fresh manicure! 


 What you'll need: 

+ 3 cotton pads


+ scissors

+ strip of aluminum foil

+ nail polish remover

So what you do to prep is cut your strip of foil into ten rectangles.


Now cut your cotton pads into quarters...I had a picture but I some how deleted it! If you have 3 cotton pads you will have half a pad left over to use for touching up.

Now soak your cotton pad quarter in nail polish remover, place it on your nail and wrap it in the foil. The whole point of the foil is to secure the soaked cotton over the nail without any evaporation.
  

Once you have done one hand (or both if you have good hand eye coordination), listen to your favorite song, or do lunges or anything to occupy yourself for 5 minutes. Let those sparkles soak!

Ok, now that you've waited enough, you can remove the foil finger tips. You'll probably need a spare cotton pad to remove the residue of loose sparkles on the sides of your nail...that left over half cotton pad has come in handy! Is it just me, or is anyone else super stingy when it comes to cotton pads? I really hate wasting.


Your nails should look like this. I massage the aluminum tips as I'm removing it off my nail so that the cotton pad picks up as much sparkles as possible. 

1 σχόλιο: